FROM SUDAN WITH LOVE

WHY SUDAN? Alcoholism is epidemic in southern Sudan after 22 years of war and a shattered economy. WHY ME? In the Fall of 2005, I was hopelessly numbing out my pain with alcohol. On Dec. 27, 2005, in absolute desperation, I walked into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. In January of 2006 I got to Step 3, "Give your life and will to God." Life hasn't been the same since. This June-August, I will share the Gospel of Jesus and alcoholism recovery to the men of Sudan.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

 

HOW TO GIVE HOPE TO THE MEN OF SUDAN



This June 1st-August 17th, I will seek-out alcoholics in southern-most Sudan. The men there drink a deadly roadside moonshine (see the still above -which contains embalming fluid and methanol) to temporarily escape the pain of war, poverty and hopelessness. God-willing, they will put their faith in Jesus, be freed from alcoholism and their lives will never be the same.

Comments:
Hey John, That is so Awesome! I really admire that you're taking lessons and compassion learned from your battles to make a difference in the lives of these men.
I can't believe they're drinking embalming fluid?!? Of course, I guess many Americans poison they're bodies as well with all the drugs and such.
It's amazing how Satan can so decieve us when we're hurting and how we crave poison whether in TV, or alcohol, or drugs, or food or whatever as if any of that could possibly cure us?!? I hate how I will turn to the world and myself when I'm in pain rather to God and prayer and scripture. It's a lesson that He's been teaching me this week. I mean I know He answers my big prayers so why can't He answer the right now prayers too. "Like God, I'm stressed out right now, please give me your peace so I don't turn to worldly things." I've been trying that lately and its been working : ) So, exciting!
I'll be praying for you on this challenging but very rewarding mission. Thanks for your ministry @ church I know alot of people are excited about it.
 
Brother John, I can't wait to see God use you in miraculous ways in Sudan. I know this restaraunt just up the road from there where Mike gets a 20% discount! I'll drive.
God bless, Dave
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

March 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]